DPM Public Relations Challenge For Dr. Steven Quay
About Dr. Steven Quay: Bio and Background
Dr. Steven Quay is in the top 1% of scientists worldwide with over 300+ contributions to medicine and has been cited over 9,900 times. He holds 87 US patents and has invented seven FDA-approved pharmaceuticals which have helped over 80 million people. Dr. Quay is the author of the first physician-scientist written book on surviving the pandemic, Stay Safe: A Physician’s Guide to Survive Coronavirus. This book is rated #1 on five Amazon bestseller lists.
Dr. Steven Quay serves as CEO of Atossa Therapeutics Inc. (Nasdaq: ATOS). This is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics for treating breast cancer and COVID-19.
What Was Our Public Relations Challenge During The Pandemic?
Pre-pandemic, Dr. Quay’s research primarily focused on breast cancer prevention. However, once the pandemic hit, DPM strategically advised shifting our outreach focus to concentrate on COVID-19-related media opportunities. Dunn Pellier Media’s tasks included:
- Positioning Dr. Quay as a nationally-recognized, trusted, and scientifically-informed COVID-19 expert
- Securing coverage of his pioneering COVID-19 clinical trial and development of his COVID-19 prevention nasal spray
- Garnering media and consumer awareness for Dr. Quay’s book, Stay Safe: A Physician’s Guide to Survive Coronavirus
DPM Public Relations Strategy For Dr. Steven Quay
DPM leveraged Dr. Quay’s early attention to the pandemic. His study of the COVID-19 pattern of contagion and his research insights was ground breaking. Coupled with his prevention tips and COVID-related clinical trials, Dr Quay became a subject matter expert. This established him as a credible industry expert at the very start of the pandemic.
- DPM kept Dr. Quay at the forefront of the national and local media. DPM created regular and timely press releases. To publicize his research updates the releases were distributed through the PR Newswire service. Many of these included videos to add a visual element and simplify the data for a mass audience
- DPM highlighted key tips from Dr. Quay’s book, Stay Safe: A Physician’s Guide to Survive Coronavirus, to secure numerous TV segments with local news outlets across the country including FOX 26 Houston, WJLA Washington D.C., KIRO TV Seattle, etc.
The PR Results For Dr. Quay
- Media stand-outs include National FOX News, Daily Mail, and local Seattle TV
- National press releases received attention from Business Insider, Yahoo, NASDAQ, more
Future is a cutting-edge digital personal training app that connects users with world-class coaches for monthly bespoke training programs. Built to seamlessly integrate into daily life, Future offers customized and flexible programs, guided workouts, and weekly progress tracking. From past collegiate athletes and busy professionals to those who simply desire to improve overall well-being, Future offers users a custom, scientific-based approach to health & wellness.
Our Public Relations Challenge
New to the Fitness space, Future approached DPM for a brief 6-week campaign with some specific goals in mind:
- Drive consumer awareness of the brand.
- Further educate consumers on the exclusive service Future offers.
- Secure traditional media coverage by utilizing VP of Operations, Josh Bonhotal, MS, CSCS.
Our Public Relations Strategy And Results
Our first step was to prime the media with an introduction, who Future is, what the app offers, what sets Future apart from the competition, and how timely the app was to the current world climate. Future came on board just as the U.S. was experiencing a global shift due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As restrictions grew across the nation— closing gyms, restaurants, and hotels—there was a spike in the conversation of at-home fitness. The already overwhelming fitness space became further inundated with virtual fitness opportunities.
By spreading the word about the cutting-edge app and utilizing the incredible team of performance coaches and their breadth of industry knowledge, DPM hit the ground running. Securing over 10 pieces of coverage, including outlets like Well+Good, Martha Stewart Living, Real Simple, Women’s Health, Under Armor, and more. The team also secured a segment on a local TV news station, KTLA, to promote the app, as well as an exclusive social media post with ExtraTV.
Working with the team at Dunn Pellier gave our company a significant advantage to get top placement in several prominent media features and quickly increase our brand awareness. In just over a month, we were featured in 7 mainstream publications reaching more than 40 million readers. The Dunn-Pellier team immediately showed a genuine interest in our success as a brand and readily leveraged their expansive network to get our content included in some of the top publications in the fitness industry. Not only that, they were incredibly supportive in providing guidance and necessary feedback to prepare and edit our responses for maximum impact. If you’re looking to increase exposure for your company, I’d highly recommend working with the team at Dunn Pellier!
— Josh Bonhotal, VP of Operations for Future